Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Wall of Art

I have wanted to share this post with you for awhile now. I just have not taken the time to sit down and put it all together. So, I have several new "NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS" and finishing tasks and projects I've started is one of them. I just sure hope I can stick to my list. HAHA

I bought this huge frame at a garage sale last summer and it has been sitting against my wall in my dinning room (aka: April's temporary junky craft room). Needless to say we have not entertained that much lately.  At least not "fancy" entertaining!
I just couldn't decide on what I wanted to with this frame. I guess the size of it made it kind of difficult for me to determine what to do with it. When I saw it at the sale, I just had to have it. You know what I mean???? I know you do. So, I paid $20 for it and loaded it up.
After several months, with a little help from my sister, Greta and niece, Jessica, I have finally found the perfect place for this frame.




and here it is......
It appears that the sconce is not striaght, but it is I promise. It must be the angle that the pic was taken. Sorry! ; )



and a little further away....




I think it turned out really nice. The only money I spent on this project was for the "huge" frame and the ribbon holding the S, everything else was pulled out of my sisters and my stash of stuff we never get rid of. So, I spent approximately $23.00 on the project.

We painted some frames black and some antique white. To distress the black frames we actually rubbed on some gold paint which worked out well. It wasn't too much, but just the right amount. To distress the antique white frames, we just rubbed on some brown paint and immediately rubbed it off. This also left just the right amount.
In 2 of the frames, I put some scrapbook paper I have had for a long time. The colors seemed to be perfect. Everything else we dug out painted, distressed it, and hung it on the wall.

When it was all finished, I felt like I had a brand new wall of art, even though it didn't cost as much as a brand new wall of art.

Thanks Greta and Jessie for your help!

Hope you have enjoyed this project, I sure did!

Love, April


I Linked Up to this Party:









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers